During New Student Orientation, you will be assigned a Bruno Leader and a small group of first-year students with whom you will navigate this experience. These students are here to help you in your first week on campus. They are joined by a host of other student leaders, Meiklejohn peer advisors, Community Coordinators (CC's), and many other returning students. All will be happy to guide you and answer your questions. If they don’t know the answer, they will refer you to someone who does.
New Student Orientation will help you get to know the Brown community and campus. The program is mandatory for all incoming first-year students and provides numerous benefits, including:
- Introducing you to the history, traditions and values of our community
- Helping you acclimate to Brown’s rigorous academic life
- Teaching you about the options, responsibilities and resources within the Open Curriculum
- Providing you with information about academic and co-curricular opportunities
- Facilitating connections with your peers, the larger campus and local communities.
Look for emails throughout the summer with more details about Orientation.